Real Estate Transactions
Real Estate Transaction Services
- Connects real estate development RFPs to workforce outcomes to create an opportunity for low-income residents, small businesses, and diverse communities.
- Performing financial and feasibility analyses
- Developing and managing Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Negotiating the sale or lease of City property
- Spearheading development projects through public approvals
- Ensuring successful closing of transactions
- Inter-organizational financial structuring advisory and analysis services
- Additionally, the department executes mission-drive sales, leases, and dispositions/acquisitions of City property that maximize return to the City, create quality jobs, provide affordability, and enhance livability and opportunity for communities by:
- Supporting access to affordable housing by implementing key transactional and analytic components of Housing New York plan in critical mixed-used and particularly complex projects.
- Promoting growth in quality jobs industries through targeted commercial and industrial real estate transactions
- Acquiring pivotal properties in strategically prioritized areas
- Enhance livability and address community needs
- We provide transaction support for catalytic large-scale planning and neighborhood redevelopment projects in the City.
We support clients with their evolving business strategy throughout the real estate lifecycle with the following services:
- Valuation – including purchase price allocation of real property or portfolios for purposes of financial or tax reporting
- Transaction due diligence (buy-side and sell-side/carve-out) – including lender diligence, real estate M&A diligence, real estate asset diligence, transaction closing prorations
- Transaction strategy & operations – including tourism and economic advisory, risk and compliance advisory, development advisory, entity and asset strategic advisory, transactional corporate real estate
- Capital markets – including capital strategy/brokerage – property and real estate entity brokerage, raising equity capital.